When your skin is dry, it flakes, cracks, and might even cause some sort of pain. You may think that there is no moisturizer out there strong enough for your dried out skin. If you choose something too strong, you might end up with oily skin. If you don’t choose something strong enough, your still left with dry skin. So what are you supposed to do? What do you choose? Don’t worry about it. We’ve done the research for you, and here are the top five moisturizers for dry skin:
#1- Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 Moisturizing Face Lotion
This facial moisturizer by Eucerin comes dermatologist recommend, and not only helps to gently replenish the skin’s natural oils, but also helps to protect your skin from the sun! This facial lotion is lightweight, fragrance free, non-comedogenic, and has even been clinically proven to be safe for even the most sensitive skin. It’s also extremely cost efficient. Bonus!
We did some snooping online at the major purchasing sites, and found out that these were what other customers like yourself had to say about their own personal experience with Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 Moisturizing Face Lotion:
- I get complimented on my fresh looking skin all the time.
- I have never had a reaction, or any breakouts from using it, and I usually do from many sunscreens.
- Lightweight and full of the oxides that my skin needs.
- I love to use this when my face is really dry, especially in winter.
- Sheer and light enough to use on the face, and it didn’t cause any rashes or blisters due to allergic reactions.
#2- Rodin Olio Lusso Face Oil
The fact that this is an oil instead of a cream or lotion is what really sets this moisturizer by Rodin out. It’s much easier for your skin to absorb than the thick lotions the market is scattered with, which makes it the perfect option for those with very dry skin. This oil has gotten great reviews with all of the top magazines, and it is also completely organic! Just a few of the ingredients you can expect to find in this oil’s formula include: jasmine, rose hip seed, sweet almond, jojoba, apricot, and many more all natural ingredients. This oil won the 2012 Allure Award for Best in Beauty. The price on this is a bit extravagant, but it’s well worth every penny you spend.
With a bit of snooping around, we found out that this is what other people had to say about their personal experiences with Rodin Olio Lusso Face Oil:
- Gives your face an incredible glow.
- Fragrance is fresh and clean.
- I love the way my skin feels after applying this oil.
- Leaves my mature skin in beautiful, supple condition.
- I am addicted to this wonderful product!
#3- La Mer Facial creme
This creme was actually invented over four decades ago by an aerospace physicist who had one of his routine experiments blow up right in his face. He could find nothing that would help him with the burns he had suffered from, and so he invented his own miracle formula. Talk about ingenuity, right? So not only will this miracle creme help your dry, flaky skin, but it can also be used to treat any burns you may receive on your face or otherwise. That’s a two for one right there! The formula is crafted from a blend of sea kelp, vitamins, and minerals, which is all distilled in a special way borrowed from the ancient science of fermentation.
Although La Mer Facial creme is raved about by the high ups In the fashion industry, we wanted to see what the average person like you had to say about their own experience with this product. Here is what we found others were saying:
- It is very hydrating, smells wonderful, and definitely helps my aging skin.
- La Mer is the best quality facial creme.
- The cream is heavy but once you pat on your face it dries and absorbs quickly.
- This moisturizer is the best!
- Worth every penny!
#4- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
This moisturizer actually does everything- no, really! It re-hydrates dry skin, firms up areas prone to sagging, and just generally restores your skins natural health, beauty, and elasticity. The key ingredients found in this cream include items like: hyaluronic acid, peptide-B3 complex, allantoin, vitamin E, and green tea extract. When all of these ingredients are combined together they moisturize and sooth the skin, while at the same time renewing skin cells and providing an ample amount of antioxidants. It also smells great, and costs under $30. Bonus! This moisturizing cream won the 2008 Award from Allure for Readers’ Choice, and has continued to win every year since!
Of course, we did our research by checking out the major online purchasing sites to see what real people like you had to say about Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream, and this is what we found:
- My skin is beginning to have the smooth, even texture it used to have, and those little wrinkles seem to be less noticeable.
- I love how soft and smooth my skin feels.
- My skin looks so smooth and bright. Very easy to apply.
- Provides a rich cream that is not oily but works great on dried out skin.
#5- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream Fragrance-Free
This cream from Cetaphil boasts that it is perfect for ‘every age. Every stage. Every day.’ It has been clinically proven to provide immediate, long lasting relief from even the driest of skins. The unique formula of emollients and humectants binds water to the skin, which helps to prevent moisture loss. The moment you apply this cream to your face, you should immediately feel it become smoother and more hydrated. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is perfect for sensitive skin, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, and it even comes dermatologist recommended. Your average jar of this cream also costs less than $15, so it’s very ‘pocket friendly.’
What do ordinary people just like you have to say about their own personal experiences with Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream Fragrance-Free? Well,we took a look around the major online purchasing sites, and this is what we found others were saying:
- My dermatologist recommended it several years ago, and I have been using it everyday.
- I have dry skin with itching and burning, and I highly recommend this product because it works.
- The best cream me and my wife have ever used.
- As a retired pharmacist, I can appreciate the ingredients in this product which have withstood the test of time.
- I have dry, sensitive, allergy skin and..Cetaphil moisturizing Cream is amazing.
Well folks, there you have it. Those are our picks for the five best moisturizers for dry skin. Have you tried any of our picks out and want to tell us how it worked for you? Have another cream you think should have been included but wasn’t? Tell us all about it in the comments below! We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!