While BB creams were all the rage last year, CC Creams have taken over in this brand new year. CC stands for complexion correcting. These fantastic creams are very much like their BB brethren. They provide hydration, sun protection, and antioxidant skin benefits. The difference? They also provide much more coverage. Think of BB Creams as tinted moisturizers with a lot of bonuses, and CC Creams as foundations with all of those very same bonuses. Can you see the big picture now?
What do CC Creams do?
CC Creams do a lot, and I do mean a lot. First off, they provide just as much coverage as a normal foundation does. The exact amount depends on which product you purchase, but that’s the way it is with regular foundations too. It has so many amazing benefits that come with it though. It provides an optimal amount of hydration for your skin, without making you feel oily or greasy. It also protects from the sun, which again varies by specific products. SPF is your first line of defense against premature aging as the sun can cause all sorts of detrimental effects on your skin and your overall health. CC Creams have superb antioxidant properties, which is always a huge bonus.
Who Needs It?
I hate cliches, but I think everyone needs a good CC Cream. You don’t have to have wrinkles or dry skin, or oily skin to reap the benefits these creams offer. If you can stop all of those issues from happening or postpone them for a while, why wouldn’t you?
Now that you know what CC Creams are, what they do, and who needs one, let’s move on to our recommendations. We’ve come up with a list of what we believe to be the ten best CC Creams are right now, so check them out! You will find one you’ll fall in love with somewhere on this list.
1. Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30
This fantastic CC Cream is great at helping to heal and cover up dark spots. It also primes, perfects, and even protects while hydrating your skin and controlling oil at the same time. Just a small dab of this stuff helps to create a flawless, smooth complexion every single day. The best part is that it doesn’t just cover up your problems, it works to help heal and get rid of those problems. If you have oily skin and also suffer from dark spots, sun spots, or acne scarring, then this is the CC Cream you must have. It’s available in five different shades.
- Octinoxate (7.5%)
- Octisalate (4%)
- Oxybenzone (2.5%)
- Titanium Dioxide (1.1%)
- “It takes out the redness from my face, plus it’s a very nice shade and does not make my skin orange like so many other products do.”
- “Clears your existing blemishes, brightens your skin and gives you that soft matte dewy finish without clogging your pores.”
- “Light coverage, very natural looking, just evens out my redness and discolorations.”
- “I get a lot of compliments when I wear this, and most people don’t think I’m wearing anything.”
- “It gives a good level of coverage without as much ‘work’ to get it looking even natural as a liquid foundation.”
Price: Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 will run you about $42. It’s a bit pricey, but when you think about all of the other products it easily replaces, you’ll see that it’s not that much at all.
2. Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Peter Thomas Roth claims that his CC cream is like an anti-aging sunscreen, complexion corrector, and tinted moisturizer all in one product. If you need to help improve the appearance of an uneven skin tone, imperfections, fine lines, or even wrinkles, this product has you covered. It contains SPF 30 which is derived from only physical sunscreens, never chemicals. Your skin will appear brighter, and look more youthful. Most people will not even be able to tell that you are wearing any makeup, which allows you the freedom to tell them your secret, or not. This CC Cream comes in three broad shades to match more skin tones.
- Camu Camu
- Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Vitamin E
- Titanium Dioxide (10.26%)
- Zinc Oxide (5.76%)
- “It gives me beautiful, soft, makeup-less looking skin while at the same time covering up any redness I have.”
- “I wear this every day and it looks completely natural; I get so many compliments on my skin; everyone says it glows.”
- “Blends well, with a creamy texture and it has more coverage than I expected!”
- “I have acne-prone skin, so not breaking out while using this product is an excellent plus!”
- “Stays on all day has good coverage, and is awesome for oily skin types.”
Price: Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 costs around $48 at most major drug or cosmetic stores.
3. Olay’s Total Effects 7 in One CC Tone Correcting Moisturizer With Sunscreen
This all in one formula combines a daily anti-aging moisturizer, SPF 15 sunscreen, and a sheer tint for younger-looking skin. The deep hydration benefits, combined with the sheer illuminating coverage, helps the skin tone to appear more even, recaptures youthful luminosity, and reduces the appearance of fine links and wrinkles. The formula contained in this awesome CC Cream helps to improve cell turnover and strengthen the skin’s natural defense against unnecessary moisture loss. It’s available in three shades.
- Avobenzone (2%)
- Octisalate (3%)
- Octocrylene (3%)
- Titanium Dioxide
- “Easy to use, effective, good value, and is not greasy at all.”
- “I use this as a moisturizer, makeup, and sun protection- it’s great! It’s all I need in one product combined.”
- “The texture is very light, the coverage is minimal, and your skin is instantly moisturized and luminous after the first application.”
- “What I love most about this is it gives a luminous finish while feeling as though there is nothing on.”
- “In two weeks of use, the dark spots on my face are already diminishing and my face feels much softer.”
Price: Olay’s Total Effects 7 in One CC Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen is very affordable at about $23 at the majority of retailers.
4. Chanel Complete Correction CC Cream
This completely original creation is a fusion of skincare and makeup that was designed with the expertise of both Chanel and the Makeup Studio. It is designed to do everything you might need a skincare product to do.
First, it soothes the skin to eliminate redness or irritation. Next, it moisturizes by trapping and retaining your natural moisturize inside of the skin, without making you look or feel greasy. It also protects your skin from the sun’s damaging rays with SPF 30. Lastly, it prevents any further skin issues by shielding it against external factors and evens out imperfections. Sounds too good to be true? Believe it! It’s a great product and comes highly rated.
- Titanium Dioxide
- Methyl Trimethicone
- Caprylyl Methicone
- Phenyl Trimethicone
- “It’s creamy, smooth, and only a little is needed. Plus, it’s also very long-wearing and gentle to my sensitive skin.”
- “This CC Cream evens out the skin nicely, and you will find that a little goes a long way!”
- “Very creamy and moist; a great choice for a combination of primer and light foundation.”
- “It spreads easily, almost like butter on the skin, and offers a semi-matte finish.”
- “Coverage is enough to even out skin tone, especially the redness around my nose.”
Price: The name Chanel always comes with a hefty price tag, and Chanel Complete Correction CC Cream is no exception, priced at about $55. Chanel is also a well-trusted, high-end brand that delivers the results promised, making it worth every penny you spend.
5. Max Factor CC Cream
This lightweight formula enables you to have the natural coverage and flawless finish that you’ve been searching for. It’s an intense multitasking CC Cream that corrects color imperfections, hydrates the skin, and leaves it looking soft, smooth, and full of youth. The ingredients are combined with intense pigments that work together to brighten up your complexion while gliding easily and naturally over the surface of your skin. This CC Cream is available in three broad shades
The main ingredients for this product could not be found. We apologize for this, and will update this information at the earliest possible opportunity. Thank you for your understanding.
- “You only need a little and it blends quickly and does cover pores and redness.”
- “One application to the face evens out your skin tone- it’s very much like a foundation and gives great coverage.”
- “This cream evens out all of my discoloration and imperfections, giving the impression that I have naturally gorgeous skin!”
- “It’s really easy to apply, and lighter than a foundation so it doesn’t cake on my skin.”
- “I love that it’s not too heavy as I wear it every day- usually foundations appear too orange, but this one is brilliant on me.”
Price: Max Factor CC Cream is surprisingly affordable, costing less than $15 at most major retailers, both online and off.
6. L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream Anti-Redness
This anti-redness CC Cream comes out as a type of green emulsion that transforms into a light foundation when blended into your skin. It works with the pigment in your skin so that it can blend into the right shade for you. The coverage found in this cream is light but very buildable so that you can just apply another layer if you’ d like additional coverage. You’ll never look cakey or fake either! It takes away the redness in your skin while masking any imperfections, leaving your skin with a nice light glow.
- Butylene Glycol
- “This product does a very good job of covering up redness for a very large part of the day.”
- “Lovely smooth consistency that makes a big difference in appearance.”
- “A tiny amount of this product provides a maximum, soft feeling, lightweight covering, and makes such a difference to the way I feel.”
- “Love the texture, very light on the skin but with redness gone, and blends very easily.”
- “I have very red skin and this products works well to combat this problem.”
Price: L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream Anti-Redness is available for less than $15 at most major stores where cosmetics are sold.
7. Ole Henriksen Perfect Truth CC crème
This CC Cream is a supercharged multi-tasking skincare cream with makeup benefits that have been proven to brighten, protect, and perfect your natural skin one simple step. Just simply applying this awesome product gives your skin it’s daily dose of essential moisture with a protective antioxidant veil. Of course, it also helps to protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays, visibly reduces discoloration and fine lines, plus plumps and firms the natural look of your skin.
- Vitamin C
- Ferulic Acid
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- “I love the fresh orange smell, and the way it brightens and evens out my skin tone.”
- “Smells like citrus, feels moisturizing, natural radiant finish, and sheer coverage.”
- “Lasts all day long on my oily skin when properly set, which is simply amazing!”
- “The finish is slightly dewy, not enough to make me look oily, but just enough to look natural and not too ‘made up.’”
- “Great moisturizer with tons of Skincare benefits. Leaves me looking luminous and fresh every time!”
Price: A one-ounce container of Ole Henriksen Perfect Truth CC Crème costs about $36. Affordable for most, a small splurge for others.
8. Wei Chinese Licorice CC Cream
Chinese Licorice is also known as the Elixir of Life because it is one of the most vital herbs in the 5000-year history of traditional Chinese medicine. This fantastic ingredient, which also happens to be the main ingredient in this CC Cream, is rich in amino acids, flavonoids, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. It’s effective in detoxifying, fighting skin discoloration, and slowing down the aging process. This is why this awesome CC Cream is so fantastic at bringing and restoring balance to the skin, correcting imperfections, and letting you look healthier and full of youth. It is available in two shades.
- Chinese Licorice
- Butylene Glycol
- “Slides onto the skin easily, creating good coverage and a very natural look.”
- “Wouldn’t be caught without this product now! My skin looks amazing and has since the very first application!”
- “This CC Cream has made a noticeable difference in my natural skin- I get compliments on it all of the time now!”
- “I didn’t think this cream could do everything it claims to do, but it does! My oily skin has never looked so great!”
- “My skin looks amazing. It faded the discoloration, covers up my acne and scars, and is so easy to apply it’s ridiculous!”
Price: A one-ounce container of Wei Chinese Licorice CC Cream costs about $45, so it’s a splurge item.
9. Rachel K CC Cream Original
This CC Cream is a much more refined and improved version of Rachel K’s BB Cream. It combines a variety of skin benefits into one single product. It helps to control coloring, fights excessive oil production, whitens the skin, brightens the skin, moisturizers, and provides protection from the sun. This formula is non-irritating, oil-free, hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, and non-comedogenic. It will help to soothe and calm your skin. Animal lovers will adore this formula because it is never tested on animals. It’s cruelty-free and awesome for your skin—it’s like a two for one deal.
- Titanium Dioxide
- Zinc Oxide
- “It works wonders. I wear it as a concealer and a light foundation because it really overs everything up, yet it is light and non-cakey.”
- “This is amazing for color-correcting, yet remains light enough to look natural.”
- “Very happy with the results…it provides a nice even tone to my skin without being heavy!”
- “This is nothing like those scary masks like shades but instead blends naturally into your skin.”
- “This is my perfect shade. It gives you just the right amount of coverage, while still making my skin look dewy.”
Price: Rachel K CC Cream Original costs just about $40 at most major stores.
10. Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream
It helps to protect your skin against aging and provides stress relief for tired out skin. It gives you a superb amount of hydration without making you look shiny or oily. The formula has also been designed to whiten your skin, smoothing out the texture, and allowing your skin to look luminous. While toning up your skin, it also provides an optimal amount of protection from the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays. It also has a very light, floral scent that we’re sure you are going to adore.
- Butylene Glycol
- Titanium Dioxide
- Caprylyl Methicone
- Zinc Oxide
- “This product delivers on its promises, and fixes my dull, uneven skin tone.”
- “I just love the one-step process of simply applying it directly onto my face. It’s saved me a lot of time in my makeup routine!”
- “Long-lasting; great for people who are looking for that natural, fresh-faced, flawless look.”
- “This CC Cream feels so light on my skin! It is one of those awesome lightweight products for summer!”
- “Good staying power, non-greasy, dewy finish, not bulky, lightweight on the face, and did not give me any breakouts!”
Price: Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream is very affordable, costing less than $15 at most major retailers.
There you have it! Those are our picks for what we believe to be the top ten CC Cream for oily skin types. If you have any questions or remarks about our top ten picks, or if you would like to share your recommendation of a CC Cream for oily skin, then please feel free to do so in the comments below. We love hearing what our readers have to say!