For the past several years, BB creams have been a must-have product for all women, and it looks like the magic creams are here to stay. BB cream is short for beauty balm or blemish balm. The product, created in Germany, became popular in Korea, where it was first used as a post-aesthetic surgery product, to heal and conceal sensitive skin.
The advantages of a BB cream are plenty. This single product can offer so many benefits—sun protection, primer, smoothens the skin, reduce fine wrinkles, cover imperfections, and make the skin look natural and fresh. It sounds a little good to be true, right? BB creams can be one of the most powerful beauty tools if we know how to choose them because like all beauty products, they need to match the needs of our skin to fully work.
For women with normal skin, choosing a BB cream is fairly easy. But when it comes to those of us who have dry skin, the hunt for the perfect cream becomes more difficult. It’s well known that regular BB creams tend to dry the skin a little—and even look bad on the drier parts of your skin. Choosing one that compliments your complexion is a must. If you have dry skin, you must be looking for light makeup and an all-in-one cream. Read on to see my full list of the 5 best BB creams for dry skin!
1. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream SPF 15 is an affordable BB cream that works great on dry skin and has anti-aging properties.
You can find it on Amazon at about $13 or less. BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector has all the properties of a BB cream, with a few extra bonuses: it works great on dry skin and has anti-aging properties. The cream is available in two tones, light and medium. According to customer reviews, it blends wonderfully with the color of your complexion so you don’t have to worry about the lack of shades.
Garnier advertises the cream as being an all-in-one anti-aging solution that also firms the skin, evens tone, and offers 24h hydration. Here is what some customers have to say about the BB cream:
- “Goes on like a cream, covers like a light makeup, I use it every single day.”
- “This feels silky, blends easily, moisturizes, provides SPF protection, and provides light, natural-looking coverage – all without leaving my skin looking or feeling all made up.”
- “In my 50s and my skin is dry with some flakiness, even after exfoliating. This covers without making the flakiness more noticeable.”
Pros: It’s affordable, it caters to the needs of women with dry skin, offers sun protection, has anti-aging properties, and blends nicely with most skin tones.
Cons: Some women have complained that the BB cream has a strange smell that persists all day long. It’s a little bit too greasy. The light tone is not that light and does not work on the fairest of skins.
The majority of comments and reviews we read for this cream are positive. For that price, you should at least give it a try. It is very easy to find, both online and offline (supermarkets, drug stores, cosmetic shops, etc).
2. No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream for Dry / Very Dry Skin features a 3-in-1 formula for enhancing the skin tone while protecting from UV and nourishing the skin.
Reveal your outer beauty is No7’s slogan for the Beautiful Skin BB cream. The cream has a 3-in-1 formula that evens and enhances the skin tone and disguises imperfections. The nutrient formula banishes blemishes, and the SPF 15 protects you from sunburn and keeps your skin young. It is made especially for the dry to very dry skin. It is hypo-allergenic, perfect for sensitive skin.
Unfortunately, the price is not that affordable. It’s pricey at approximately $75 at 40 ml, unlike most BB creams that are only 30 ml.
Let’s see what customers had to say about the No7 BB cream:
- “The color and consistency are similar to one of fluid foundations and blends perfectly with my skin tone.”
- “It takes only a few seconds to settle and it does not transfer on clothes.”
- “It has a natural and fresh look, it does not shine and it is very easy to apply.”
- “I tried other products before using No7 Beautiful Skin but this BB cream is the right choice for my dry skin.”
As you can see, not a lot of bad things are being said about this BB cream, but still, let’s go through some of the pros and cons.
Pros: No shine, natural look, blends with skin tones, hypo-allergenic, nutrient formula, disguises imperfection, hydrates dry skin.
Cons: The price is a little bit high, it only has SPF 15, the perfect look only lasts about four hours, and it does not cover major imperfections.
While the pros are more substantial than the cons, it is a pricey BB cream. I recommend you test it before buying, just to make sure that it is the right fit for you.
3. Hydreane BB Cream by La Roche Posay is a dermal BB cream for dry and sensitive skin. It offers SPF 20 and contains Thermal Spring Water.
La Roche Posay products are known for their dermal properties and can be found mostly in drug stores and cosmetic shops. Their first all-in-one miracle cream, Hydreane BB Cream had an impressive success with customers, especially among women with dry skin. Formulated for sensitive skin containing La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water and an SPF 20 factor, this BB cream just be the thing you need to get your dry skin looking fresh and healthy again. You can get it for just $20.
We’ve read some of the comments and reviews that this BB cream has on various online shops, here are some of the most important ones:
- “It’s amazing for summertime, I don’t need to put makeup on my skin. I honestly recommend this product if you care about your skin.”
- “It’s a great product for sensitive skin! It melts into my skin and creates an immediate unified effect. Perfect for daily use!”
- “I like how it blends on my skin color even though it offers sheer coverage. I never needed to apply separate foundation or powder to even it out.”
Some customers found the cream not so perfect, claiming the cream feels a bit too oily and that it does not blend well with medium skin tones. But other than that, it looks like the Hydreane BB Cream is a real winner!
4. Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream Skin Perfector has an SPF 30, an affordable price and does wonders for dry skin.
With an SPF 30 factor, the gentle on the skin BB has impressed quite a lot of its users with its lightweight, multi-benefit texture, the hydration and concealing properties, and an affordable price of about $10. But does the Revlon BB cream truly does what it says it does? Let’s see what people had to see about it:
- “This product matches my skin tone perfectly.”
- “I purchased the light medium and I am very impressed with the texture and the way that it smooths into my skin. It feels very light and I love that it is SPF 30.”
- “The thing I am most surprised about is how it makes my skin look fresh and glowing.”
- “Just enough color to do something to my skin that ends up looking like no make-up, but makes it much better than it looked before application.”
When it comes to negatives, some women have complained about having a weird smell and about being a bit too oily but other than that, it truly seems that Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream is a miracle worker when it comes to offering dry skin the same benefits as normal skin.
5. Dior Hydra Life BB Crème SPF 30 has a special formula for maximizing water circulation, a good UV protection, and great skin unification properties.
Dior Hydra Life is expensive at about $60. While that does sound like quite a lot for a BB cream, keep in mind that it has 50 ml, SPF 30, special formulas for maximizing water circulation (perfect for dry skin), pigments and correcting powders for skin tone unification, imperfection improvement properties, and it is Dior.
The thing that most impressed me when reading reviews and comments for Hydra Life was the length of those testimonials. Women seem truly pleased with the product and eager to share their experience with other people.
Here are a few things that are being said about the Hydra Life BB cream:
“I must say, the Hydra Lifeline can do no wrong! This provides a nice even, medium coverage (even with my problematic skin) without looking too done-up. It looks very natural and applies smoothly. It does not cling on to dry patches but hydrates and smoothes out the skin!”
- “Better than any foundation ever – my skin is glowing and is flawless. I love it – a little goes a long way. A dream!!!”
- “Dior’s Hydra Life blows them ALL out of the water. I can use it as a quick tinted moisturizer (quick sweep with fingers) or as a full coverage foundation (dabbing layers with fingers). It will even cover blemishes.”
- “This is great for lightweight coverage that will still hide those skin blemishes and under-eye circles.”
- “The best bb or cc cream I’ve tried yet, perfect for dry skin.”
As for negative aspects, some women mentioned that it can get a bit too orange but other than that, it seems perfect! What do you say, ladies, have these comments convinced you into trying Dior’s BB cream?
No matter which of the five BB creams you find appealing, test them first so that you will find the perfect match without spending too much money. Test more than one, just to be sure.
No matter how magical BB creams might sound, it’s just a band-aid. Dry skin needs special attention to look healthy and fresh!