While oily skin has its benefits in that it delays aging significantly, these benefits are hardly worth the oily, grimy look and frequent acne breakouts that oily skin sufferers endure on a daily basis.
Here is a short list of very basic do’s and don’ts that can really help in making your skin appear less oily.
- Wear a sunscreen with an SPF 30 or more under your foundation. Avoid using makeup or foundations that combine sunscreen in them and rather opt for the real deal.
- Never ever clean with boiling water although light steaming once a week could be helpful particularly in the evenings alongside your night time cleansing routine.
- Consume a diet high in antioxidants and also essential fatty acids, such as olive oil and fish.
- Avoid greasy meals, particularly those that have been fried, fast food as well as too much red meat.
- Drink plenty of water. The recommendation is 8 glasses per day.
- Take caffeine in moderation, this means limit coffee and tea. Caffeine is a diuretic and can dehydrate skin causing over compensation in oil manufacture.
- Keep your hair out of your face. Often oily hair and oily skin go together and oils from the hair can rub off on the forehead and around the jawline. Remember to also include products designed for oily hair.
- Do not touch your face. Resist the urge to touch your skin during the day. Hands give excess oil. We use our hands in everything we do and they so easily transfer dirt from anything you touch.
- Rubbing the skin carefully toward oily spots such since the nostrils as well as face can help to spread the oil and assist in moisturizing the face with the naturally produced sebum.
You can have the best routine and be using the top oil control products, but without following some very basic guidelines you could still be struggling to manage your oily skin. For others, following just these suggestions can make all the difference in the world!