If your hair is oily, you have this hesitation before purchasing any shampoo. They all seem to either make your hair even oilier or dry your hair out. You may even find yourself thinking that you will never be able to find the shampoo which is right for you. Some shampoos will work just right for you and your oily hair, without making it greasy or dried out. We’ve done all the research for you, and here is our list of the best shampoo for oily hair.
1. Lush Jumping Juniper
Lush Jumping Juniper contains many all-natural ingredients, including lavender, rosemary, juniper berry, and lime. All of these ingredients help with oily hair and scalp issues. Your hair is left soft, healthy, clean, and smelling like gin and tonic. It is also a very economical shampoo, and super easy to use. This isn’t your average shampoo in a bottle. This shampoo comes in bar form, making it easier to scrub your scalp and get a good lather going than traditional soaps might. For all earth friendly people, this shampoo bar is natural and eco-friendly.
We looked around the major online purchasing sites and checked out what other people were saying. Lush Jumping Juniper gets between three and five stars.
- Worth it because it helps oily hair
- Very light, appealing scent
- Great at removing product build-up
- Gets hair so clean that it even squeaks in the shower as the suds are being washed away
- The little round bar of shampoo lasts forever (making it well worth the money spent)
2. Dr. Hauschka Shampoo with Nasturtium and Lemon
Lemon is always a fantastic ingredient when dealing with a greasy scalp or hair. The only downside is it can be harsh on dyed hair. If you are an animal lover, this is a top choice for you. Dr. Hauschka’s company has been rated as cruelty-free by the PETA Animal Treatment Assessment. There are also a ton of all-natural ingredients included in this shampoo’s formula. Just a few of these ingredients include neem leaf extract, lemon peel oil, grapefruit oil, apricot kernel oil, neem oil, and watercress extract. This product is in the mid-price range, so it’s a little bit of a splurge, but won’t break your bank completely.
We did our research and looked around on all of the major online purchasing sites to get an idea of what other customers were saying about Dr. Hauschka Shampoo with Nasturtium and Lemon. On average, they rated it between four and five stars.
- Works well
- Is ‘health friendly’ (meaning that it does not contain a bunch of nasty toxins)
- It is very environmentally and animal friendly (huge bonus!)
- Smells fantastic
- Makes hair soft, manageable, and clean without over-drying hair or causing it to become brittle
3. Opalis Cream Shampoo for Oily Hair
Opalis Cream Shampoo For Oily Hair is a high-quality product that’s great for everyday use. This cream shampoo has several ingredients in its formula that are fantastic for oily hair. Some of these ingredients include sunflower seed oil, wheat germ extract, orange flower extract, thyme, rosemary, camphor, and cedarwood. Opalis Cream Shampoo was made in France. Aside from awesome at treating oily hair, it also helps tone your scalp. This shampoo is a bit pricey at $60 but totally worth it.
We looked around all of the major online purchasing sites to check out what other people were saying about Opalis Cream Shampoo for Oily Hair. We found out that people are giving this product an average of five stars.
- Never makes hair greasy or weighed down
- Works well at doing exactly what it says it will
- Cleans and tones the scalp
- Helps to regulate the extra sebum (which means, regulates your oil hair) without every drying your hair out
- Cream smells nice and feels nice going on
4. Aubrey Organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo
This amazing shampoo by Aubrey Organics works wonders on oily hair. It’s a fast-acting clarifying shampoo that not only deep-cleanses but leaves hair looking shiny and perfectly healthy-looking. The formula contains herbal extracts that have been scientifically proven to deliver beneficial nutrients quickly and reduce drying time for fast and easy styling. These ingredients are organic green tea, nettle extract, organic aloe, and almond protein. All of the ingredients are organic. This product is also biodegradable, has never been tested on animals, and comes in a recyclable container. For an extra boost, you can follow this shampoo up with Aubrey Organics Green Tea Finishing Cream Rinse.
We went snooping around all of the major online purchasing sites again and found out what other people just like you were saying about this product. We found out that Aubrey Organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo For Oily Skin was given an average of three to four stars out of five.
- Lathers well, and cleans hair thoroughly
- Improves the hairs overall health
- Gentle on hair and scalp, great for sensitive skin
- Smells great
- A little goes a long way, which makes this cream shampoo extremely economical
5. Leonor Greyl Lait Lavant Banana Everyday Banana Milk Shampoo
This awesome banana milk shampoo by Leonor Greyl is gentle enough for everyday use. It’s made out of mild banana milk, which is known to work wonders on your hair. With a formula based on collagen and proteins, this shampoo will leave your hair looking soft, bouncy, and fine. The lightly foaming formula will gently clean your hair, and leave it soft without drying it out, no matter how often you use it.
A look at the major online purchasing sites showed us that previous customers were rating Lenor Greyl Lait Lavant Banana Everyday Banana Milk Shampoo an average of four to five stars.
- Fantastic smell
- Does a fantastic job at getting hair squeaky clean
- Very mild formula, perfect for people with sensitive skin
- Should certainly be used with a conditioner, even if your hair is extremely oily because it works best when paired with a powerful conditioner also
- Shampoo gives hair volume, shine, and body, creating the perfect healthy look and feel
What did you think of our list of the best shampoo for oily hair? Do you have other products you just love for oily hair? If you’ve tried out one of our picks, tell us in the comments below. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!