Trying to find the best moisturizer for oily skin can be tough. You don’t want something that’s going to make your skin even oilier, but you still want the smooth,shiny skin that using a moisturizer can give you. I know that sometimes it might feel as though you will never be able to find the ‘one’ that will make your skin look as gorgeous as you want it to, but trust me, there is something out there that will work for you. With your plight in mind, we’ve done our research and come up with a list of some of the best moisturizers for oily skin on the market right now.
Kiss My Face Moisturizer, Peaches and Cream
The ‘Kiss My Face’ line of skin care products are fantastic. Not only do they work wonders on your skin, but it doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg either. This specific product only costs around $5, and can be bought at almost any drug store or grocery store there is. This makes it one of the best bets for people on a tight budget who also need the convenience of not having to order online or go to a special store in order to get their face moisturizer. So what makes this so great for oily skin in particular? Kiss My Face Moisturizer in Peaches and Cream contains 4% of AHA- an ingredient that is amazing at exfoliating dead skin cells and unclogging pores. Kiss My Face does not test on animals, and uses many (if not all) natural ingredients in their wide variety of formulas. This brand in general is really great for people with sensitive skin, as they’re products tend to lean towards the gentler side of face moisturizers.
On most of the major online sites, this moisturizer receives between three or four stars out of five. Scanning reviews of the product online will show you that people are saying:
- They absolutely love the fresh scent
- Once absorbed, the texture of the moisturizer is soft, light, and never feels greasy
- It does take a while to absorb (so it may not be the best bet if you have to run out and do something directly after applying it)
- Does not aggravate the skin or cause breakouts
- Not sticky or heavy at all
- A very little goes a long way (so it’s an even better steal combining this fact with the price!)
Elemis Daily Shine Control Moisturizer
Elemis Daily Shine Control Moisturizer is rich, yet it is still quick and easy to apply to your face. The product uses a combination of natural ingredients, such as watercress and burdock, along with things like anti-seborrheic and bio-complex, which aid in the ultimate control of shine. Together, these products work to fight against excessive oil production. This top moisturizer for oily skin is a big on the steep side of the price range, costing upwards of $40, but it is more than well worth the money it costs. Elemis Daily Shine Control isn’t just good for oily skin either. It’s also great for combination skin, where some parts of your skin are oily and others are dry.
If you look around online and take a peak at the reviews, you’ll see that this product gets between a four and five star rating. These are some of the things people are saying about Elemis Daily Shine Control:
- Great to use on ‘seriously sticky’ days because it doesn’t add excess oil and actually combats it when you sweat
- Prevents shine
- Is very gentle on the skin
- Dramatically helps clean, cleanse, and even the complexion
- You don’t even have to use blotting sheets anymore
Gycolix Elite Facial Cream Ultra Lite
This moisturizer comes highly recommended by Dr. Cynthia Bailey, who is a highly regarded dermatologist located in Sevastopol, California. This product is a light glycerin moisturizer that is perfect for oily skin, acne prone skin, or a combination of both. Glycolix Elite Facial Cream Ultra Lite has been formulated using ingredients that have good moisturizing and anti-bacterial properties, leaving your skin clean, smooth, and soft. Just a few of the ingredients included in Glycolix’s formula are: Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Green Tea Extract, Beeswax, and Benzyl Alcohol. The price of this cream is in the middling price range, costing around $15 at most mainstream stores.
A look around the web has shown us that other people are giving this product a whopping average of five full stars, which really makes it stand out in our books. Looking at these raving reviews, you will find the following things being said about Glycolix Elite Facial Cream Ultra Lite:
- Inexpensive, and one jar lasts a few months if used properly
- Skin feels soft and practically glows after use
- light enough for summer, heavy enough for winter
- Feels very nice and soothing going onto the face
- Makes combination skin feel smooth without looking like a greasy film is over the face
- Appears to also improve rosacea problems (although it does not heal this skin condition, multiple reviewers said it helped to lessen their break outs)
- Great for sensitive skin- is nonirritating
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is an oil-free hydrating lotion that claims it can visibly improve your skin tone. This is also one of the few high end brands that sells a moisturizer in a pump bottle, so there is also the added bonus of ultimate convenience. Like a few others on our best list, this one is also good for both oily skin and combination skin. The formula has been designed to add moisture to your skin in order to balance out dry spots, while allowing the oily areas of your skin to never feel greasy. Dermatologists actually had a big hand in developing this product, and the gel comes in two different sizes (1.7 oz and 4.2 oz) which makes it easy to carry this around with you when you need to.
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel gets an average of four to five stars on most major purchasing sites. Browsing the reviews, we found that this is what most customers were saying about this moisturizer:
- Absorbs into the skin very quickly
- Does not leave a greasy feeling behind
- Provides just enough moisture into dry spots, but not as much as the oily spots, so there is no ‘oil slick’ look at the end of each day
- Make skin feel soft
- Seems to make foundation go on smoother, and stay on longer
- Feels creamy and cool as you put it on
Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturizer
This product is ridiculously inexpensive, costing an average of $5 a tube. Don’t let the tiny price tag fool you into thinking this is no good knock off product, however, because it didn’t make our list of the best moisturizers for oily skin without great cause. The formula, the key ingredient of which is zinc PCA, balances out the natural oils in your skin. Your skin will immediately feel smoother, look clearer, and glow radiantly without that terrible shine people with oily skin know so well.
On the major online purchasing site, Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturizer receives between three and four stars. Browsing those reviews has showed us that customers had these things to say about the product:
- Make skin look healthy
- Adds a nice glow to face without looking shiny
- Skin feels incredibly soft
- Best as a nighttime moisturizer
- Does not make skin break out
- Very sensitive formula- great for people with sensitive skin!
So what did you think of our list of best moisturizers for oily skin? Do you feel we should have included a product or have you used one (or more) of these products and want to tell us all about? Give us your feedback and let us know what you think in the comments below! We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!