People with dry skin are the ones who need the soothing effects of a really great moisturizer the most. But which one do you choose? You need something that is going to help add some natural oils back into your dried out skin, but you don’t want something that is going to take you to the exact opposite of extremely oily skin. You may find the task of picking out the best moisturizer for dry skin a daunting task, but have no fears! We’re here for you! We’ve done all of the necessary research, and we’ve found out which moisturizers are actually the best for your dry, flaky skin. So, without further ado, here they are!
Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 Moisturizing Face Lotion
Eucerin’s facial moisturizer comes dermatologist recommended. It not only helps to gently replenish the skin’s natural oils, but it also helps to protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays! This moisturizing face lotion by Eucerin is very lightweight, fragrance free, non-comedogenic, and is clinically proven to be safe for extremely sensitive skin. It’s also ‘wallet friendly,’ costing chump change compared to some of the other facial moisturizers out on the market these days.
So what are other customers, just like you,saying about this product? We took a look at some of the major online purchasing sites, and we found out that Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 Moisturizing Face Lotion receives between four and five stars out of five. Here are a few things other customers had to say about the product:
- “I have been using this product for over ten years…I get complimented on my skin all of the time.”
- “I’ve never had a reaction, or breakout from it, and I do from many sunscreens.”
- “Lightweight and full of the oxides my…skin needs.”
- “I love to use this when my face is really dry and it’s…winter.”
- “Sheer and light enough to use on the face…didn’t cause rashes or blisters due to allergic reactions.”
Rodin is very different from it’s counterparts because it’s actually an oil, not a cream or lotion. It works great for dry skin,and is easier to absorb than the thicker lotions you can find everywhere. Not only has Rodin Olio Lusso Face Oil gotten tons of fab reviews at all of the top magazines and websites, but it is also completely organic! The ingredients included in the formula include: jasmine, rose hip seed, sweet almond, jojoba, evening primrose, apricot, arnica, calendula, neroli, sunflower, argan, juniper,and rosemary! As if all of that wasn’t enough to sell you on this unique face oil, it also won Allure’s Best of Beauty Award for 2012! It has to be admitted that this product is way up on the price scale, but it is certainly worth every penny you will spend on it, and a little goes a long way.
We did our research, and found out that Rodin Lusso Face Oil receives between four and five stars out of five, and that this is what previous customers like you had to say about their experience:
- “Gives your face an incredible glow.”
- “A Great benefit is the fragrance, which is very fresh and clean…my husband always comments that I smell good.”
- “I love…the way my skin feels after applying the oils.”
- “Leaves my mature skin in beautiful, supple condition.”
- “I am addicted to this wonderful product!”
The world renowned Vogue Editor, Sally Singer, swears by this facial cream. La Mer Facial creme was actually invented over 40 years ago when an aerospace physicist who had a routine experiment blow up in his face. Nothing he did could help him with the burns he suffered, and so he invented this miracle formula. This means you can be sure it is quality stuff- it not only helps dry, flaky skin, but it can also help you treat burns. How? The formula is created from a blend of sea kelp, vitamins, and minerals, distilled in a very special way that was actually borrowed from the ancient science of fermentation. Everyone high up in the fashion industry swears this facial cream is a true miracle worker, but what do people just like you have to say about it?
We did our research and found out that La Mer Facial creme receives between four and five stars out of five, and that this is what previous customers have to say about their experience:
- “It is very hydrating, smells wonderful, and definitely helps my aging skin.”
- “La Mer is…the best quality facial creme.”
- “The cream is heavy but once you pat on your face, it dries and absorbs quickly.”
- “This moisturizer is the best! It leaves my skin hydrated and plump, especially in the winter.”
- “I’m turning 40 this year and people still think I’m in my 20’s….It’s worth every penny!”
This moisturizing cream does everything. It helps rehydrate dry skin, firms up areas that are prone to sagging (yes, even the jawline!), and general restores your skins natural health, beauty, and elasticity. Key ingredients found in Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream include: Hyaluronic acid, peptide-B3 complex, allantoin, vitamin E, and green-tea extract. Combined together these ingredients moisturizes and soothes the skin, while renewing skin cells and providing an ample amount of antioxidants. It also smells really great, and costs less than $30 at most drugstores. This moisturizing cream also just so happens to of won Allure’s Readers’ Choice Award every year since 2008.
We snooped around the web a bit to see what other people just like you had to say about this moisturizer. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream receives between four and five out of five stars, and previous customers had these things to say:
- “My skin is starting to have the smooth, even texture it used to have, and those little wrinkles seem to be less noticeable.”
- “I love how soft and smooth my skin feels.”
- “nice creamy texture…goes on your face smooth, and it just really feels going going on.”
- “My skin looks so smooth and bright, easy to apply.”
- “Provides reach cream that is not oily…works great on dried out skin.”
Those were our top picks for the best moisturizers for dry skin. Just in case you found that none of these work for you (which we would find hard to believe, but hey, everyone’s skin is very different), then here are a few tips on finding that ‘miracle’ moisturizer for your dry skin:
- Look for water holding ingredients in the moisturizers formula. These include items like: hyaluronic acid, glycerin, lanolin, and AHA’s.
- Also look for oil and oil-like ingredients in the formula. There are a ton of different ingredients in this category, but here are just a few of the most popular ones: Jojoba oil, Shea butter, extra virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, sesame oil, and almond oil.
- Look on the label for anything saying the moisturizer is specifically good for dry skin.
So what did you think of our product recommendations for the best moisturizer for dry skin and our tips on finding your own personal ‘miracle’ if those recommendations don’t work for you? Do you think another product should have made it on our list? Do you have other tips and tricks on finding that perfect cream or oil? Contact me and let me know!
Our top 5 best moisturizers for dry skin