See the full list with ratings! The 5 Best Foundations For Acne Prone Skin
Women who suffer from unsightly blemishes can easily find themselves at a standstill. They don’t want to add makeup to their faces because they’re afraid it will cause more blemishes, yet they do want to use foundation in order to hide those blemishes. What’s a girl to do in this scenario? It’s simple. You just need to find the best foundation for acne prone skin- one that will work to help you hide any blemishes you may already have without adding anymore. The task of finding such a foundation may seem overwhelming, but don’t worry! We’ve done all of the research for you, and come up with a short, simple list of the best foundation for acne prone skin, with everything you need to know about your product of choice. So, without further ado, allow us to introduce our choices.
Makeup Forever Matt Velvet + Foundation
This foundation provide shine control, hides imperfections, evens out skin tone, and provides complete liquid coverage. It is oil free and water resistant, which means it will never clog up your pores or make your skin oily. Although this product is designed to give full coverage, you should know that the end result is very easy to custom, and just a dab of this stuff goes a really long way. There are also a wide variety of tones to choose from- sixteen in fact, ranging from alabaster all the way up to chocolate- so you can easily find the perfect one to match your own skin’s shade and tone.
Looking around all of the major online purchasing sites, we found out that Makeup Forever Matt Velvet + Foundation receives (out of an exorbitant amount of reviews we might add) between three and four out of five stars. This is what previous customers of the product had to say about their own experience:
- “This foundation is perfect for oily and/or acne prone skin.”
- “Buying this foundation was the best choice of my life. It gives me a flawless finish.”
- “I have oily and acne prone skin and this doesn’t break me out!”
- “Lasts all day long and keeps my skin from getting too oily.”
- “Best liquid foundation I have ever tried, and I have very fair, oily, acne prone skin!”
Revlon Color stay Foundation
Revlon Color stay Foundation has been designed to smooth on evenly in order to give a truly flawless look. It’s great for combination skin, oily skin, and of course, acne prone skin. The formula is oil free, so it won’t add excess oils to your skin. It is also designed to give your skin a fresh look, a natural feel, and as a bonus, it actually controls excess oil production in your skin. The coverage you get lasts you up to 24 hours without ever caking, fading, or rubbing off. Revlon Color stay comes in twenty different shades, so anyone can find the right shade and tone to match their natural skin coloring.
We did our research on this product by checking out the major online purchasing sites, and we found out that Revlon Color stay Foundation typically received between four and five out of five stars, and that this is what previous customers had to say about their own personal experiences:
- “I have very oil, acne-prone skin, and this stuff really covers everything without getting me oily.”
- “Stays on for 24+ hours, smooth, and ungreasy feeling.”
- “Great for oily skin!…Full enough coverage…but light enough to where I don’t feel like I’m wearing a mask.”
- “I apply very little, but I still get good coverage.”
- “My skin is prone to breaking out, but it hasn’t with this!”
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
This foundation is a water-based liquid that provides hydrating, flexible coverage for the face. You can go full coverage or sheer coverage, or anything between- whatever your preference may be! Vitamins C and E are included in this formula, which are known to soothe and reduce redness while protecting your skin against premature aging. This product is made without parabens,sulfates, or phthalates, has been clinically tested, vegan, and non-comedogenic. It is also fragrance, gluten, mineral oil, and talc free! It comes in an astonishing array of 24 different shades so you can find your absolute perfect match.
We did our snooping on the major online purchasing sites, of course. We found out that Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation receives an average of four to five out of five stars, and that this is what previous customers had to say about their own personal experiences with this product:
- “Lasts all day without budging and with minimal creasing.”
- “I have sensitive skin and have battled adult acne for years, but I think this foundation is amazing…doesn’t irritate…or cause break outs.”
- “Great coverage while still leaving the skin looking natural with a sun-kissed glow.”
- “This is a great moisturizing foundation, very gentle and safe for sensitive skin.”
- “Product not only conceals, but also helps to reduce redness and irritation.”
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
This foundation won the 2012 In Style Best Beauty Buys Award. It captures the flow of perfect skin, and features an exclusive micro-fil technology. The foundation is weightless, hydrating, and glides onto the skin seamlessly with a silky texture that lasts all day. It’s not only great for acne prone skin, but for all skin types! It is perfect for anyone, any skin, any time. It comes in 20 unique shades, so finding one to match your natural skin exactly is a breeze!
Through our research, we found out that Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation receives an average of four to five out of five stars on the major online purchasing sites. Here is what previous customers have to say about their own personal experiences with this product:
- “This is the best foundation I have ever owned, and I love it!”
- “Awesome product, worth the price, and a little goes a long way.”
- “It lasts, looks fantastic, and blends with your skin so well that it looks natural and classy.”
- “Gives my skin a dewy radiance and a beautiful even tone, and matches perfectly to my skin tone.”
- “Covers acne flair ups without making them worse!”
So now that we have given you our picks for the best foundation for acne prone skin, here are just a few quick tips to keeping your skin healthy and your acne under control:
- Always wash off your makeup before you go to sleep
- Drink plenty of water
- Protect your skin from the sun with SPF if you have to be outside for an extended period of time
- Avoid greasy foods like the plague
- Try to avoid slippery lip gloss that can slip right off your lips and onto your face
- Remember that a little foundation can go a very long way- don’t use too much!
There you have it! So what did you think of our tips and our choices for the best foundation for acne prone skin? Do you think we missed something? Want to tell us about your experience with one of our picks? Let us know in comments below! We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!