Keeping your hair shiny during the summer months can be a huge effort. The sun dries out your hair and leaves it looking flat and dull. If there’s enough humidity, your hair might end up looking like a giant frizzy ball. But who wants to spend a fortune on expensive chemicals that may or may not work? No one! That’s why we’ve come up with this quick and easy list of five natural treatments that will keep your hair looking shiny all summer long!
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is a real miracle worker. Anyone who uses all-natural home remedies should keep this one hand. If you want to use this as a natural and inexpensive way to keep your hair shiny, here’s what you do:
- Get a clean spray bottle. You can usually buy thIS at the dollar store for a dollar or two
- Place in one part apple cider vinegar for every two parts water. Sensitive skin types should use one part vinegar for every three or four parts of water.
- Spray on your hair once or twice a week after you wash your hair. Leave it in for between 5 minutes and an hour, and rinse with cold water.
2. Flat Beer
Believe it or not, the hops in flat beer are great for your hair. This is a very old home remedy that your grandmother was probably using back in her early years. If this is the treatment you want to use, here’s what you do:
- To flatten the beer, open it up and place it on a counter overnight.
- Once the beer is flat, pour it over dry or damp hair, and leave it for up to an hour.
- When you’re ready, rinse the beer out of your hair with cold water, and allow to dry naturally. Don’t blow dry as it will just dry your hair out.
Mayo can be used up to three times a week as a deep conditioner treatment. While it might not smell the best, it works wonders! It’s also super easy, with no mixing or anything necessary. Simply do the following:
- Massage regular mayo (organic is the best) into your hair, beginning at the tips. If your scalp is oily, do not massage the mayo into your scalp. If your scalp is dry, go for it.
- After washing your hands, place a shower cap on your head and leave it alone for an hour.
- After an hour, rinse the mayo thoroughly out of your hair and allow it to dry naturally after a quick towel dry.
4. Olive Oil and Egg Yolks
This hair treatment is great for people with dry hair, but maybe a little too moisturizing for those with already oily hair. If your hair is oily, I suggest skipping this treatment and using one of the other four instead. In case you do happen to have dry hair, here is what you do:
- Take two egg yolks and combine it with two to three tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well.
- Rub the entire concoction into your hair. If your hair is especially long, simply double the batch.
- Leave on your hair for up to one hour, and then rinse clean.
5. Aloe Vera and Honey
Both of these ingredients are true miracle workers. Like apple cider vinegar, you should always keep these two items on hand if you plan on using any all-natural remedies this summer. For shiny hair, simply do the following for best results:
- Mix equal parts aloe vera and honey together in a bowl or jar.
- Completely saturate your hair with the mixture, and allow to sit for five to ten minutes.
- Rinse out with shampoo and conditioner, and allow your hair to dry naturally.
These are our five natural treatments for shiny hair all summer long. We hope you enjoyed them! Feel free to let us know what you thought about our five treatments, or tell us all about any other natural hair treatments you may have!