Every woman wants her pores to look as small as possible. The smaller, the better, because large pores seem to be anything but attractive. There are plenty of fantastic pore minimizers out there that can help you in your fight against large pores.
Sometimes, a good minimizer simply won’t do the trick on its own. Because we understand this, we have some pore minimizing tips and tricks for you before we get started on all the fantastic products we’ve chosen for our top five list.
Pore-Minimizing Tips & Tricks
- Wear sunscreen to protect your skin against the sun’s rays. These rays can dilate your pores, so prevention is key.
- If you need a quick skin tightening fix, make a mask out of two raw egg whites and a quarter cup of orange juice. Allow it to sit on your skin for 15 minutes, and then wash off with warm water.
- Keep your skin clean.
- Decrease your intake of oily and fatty foods.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits.
- You can use witch hazel on your face to help tighten up your skin and decrease the size of your pores.
- To help take care of redness, reduce the pores, and decrease any inflammation on your skin, you can rub an ice cube over your face.
- Always maintain a good skincare routine.
Causes of Large Pores
Large pores are caused by dead skin cells and oils. These stuff get into your pores and stretch them out, making them larger than they would normally be. This is why it is essential to keep your face clean. Clean skin is less likely to have pores that appear larger than they should be. Although there is no way to permanently shrink your pores, there are many effective ways to decrease the appearance of them.
5 Best Pore Minimizers
Now that we’ve offered you some of our tips and tricks, take a look at our top five list of what we believe to be the best pore minimizing product. Check them out, and we’re sure that you will be able to find something that suits you and your needs perfectly. Good luck!
1. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner
This formula is designed to smooth and even out the skin’s texture while providing a nice matte finish with or without makeup. The matte finish makes it a good choice for oily skinned people who constantly have to work at dulling down shine.
You will find no sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, or phthalates in this formulation, which means it is also a good choise for those with sensitive skin. In addition to shrinking your pores, this pore refiner also makes a wonderful makeup primer and does not clog your pores. A study conducted on twelve women showed that 60% saw a reduction in the size of their pores, while 80% saw a reduction in facial shine.
- Tea Tree Oil
- Linseed Seed Extract
- “I love the way this feels on your skin, and it even works well as a tinted moisturizer.”
- “This pore minimizer makes my makeup look smooth, and does make the pores around my nose and cheeks look smaller.”
- “This product seems to make my foundation last longer, and it helps my pores look smaller.”
- “This product does an amazing job of covering my pores. I love it.”
- “Leaves your face visibly smoother instantly, with long-term effects of overall radiance and smoothness.”
Price: Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner costs around $45 for a one-ounce tube. It’s a splurge item, but try it out if you have the extra money to spend.
2. Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum
This product is a highly concentrated serum that will help to completely refine your pores, giving you a smoother, more youthful appearance. Your pores will seem smaller, almost as though they have snapped themselves back into shape.
This product was formulated using a Pore Resurfacing Complex that helps to quickly and gently clear out the debris and rough flakes so that over time, your skin will become stronger, tighter, smoother, and younger-looking.
It is also oil-free and approved for all skin types. It has been allergy tested and completely fragrance-free.
- Butylene Glycol
- Palmetto Fruit Extract
- Rosemary Leaf Extract
- St Paul’s Wort Extract
- Sea Whip Extract
- “This stuff did not aggravate my sensitive, acne-prone skin- in fact, in actually corrected the situation!”
- “I have incredibly oily skin, and I put this on before I apply foundation. It keeps my skin smooth and matte for a good hour or two longer than without.”
- “This product is an overall lifesaver- it makes my pores look super small!”
- “Within a week of using this product morning and night, my face is so smooth.”
- “When I use this product, people keep commenting about how smooth and flawless my skin is.”
Price: Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum costs just under $45 for a one-ounce tube.
3. Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips
This product comes in the form of peel-off strips that help absorb the dirt and oil that clogs up your pores, making them look larger. This will shrink pores while removing blackheads. These strips contain charcoal powder, which is a potent ingredient that draws out all of the impurities in your skin, and detoxifying it. The strips are highly effective, yet gentle enough for nearly anyone. Additional botanical ingredients also help to provide a soothing, cooling sensation when you stick the strips to your skin. Your skin will be left exceptionally clarified.
The formula in these strips was created without the use of parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, phthalates, or triclosan, which means that it is also an acceptable choice for sensitive skin types. During a four week independent clinical study, 90% of women reported that their pores looked smaller and that over time, their pores were clear of dirt and oil, as well as less oily. 85% of women reported that their skin felt softer and smoother.
- Charcoal Powder
- Witch Hazel Extract
- “My nose was so clean, and you can see all the blackheads and dirt it pulls out.”
- “Does remove all my blackheads right away, and makes my pores look smaller.”
- “Easy on your skin and works great!”
- “It’s like this product magically clears out all the blackheads on my nose at once.”
- “Works great. Gets all of the dirt out, and also makes your skin feel soft and smooth afterward.”
Price: Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips will cost you around $15 for a package containing six large strips. It’s a nice mid-range priced product. Also available in a twelve-strip package.
4. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores
This product is a mask that uses charcoal to draw out those deep down pore-clogging dirt and oils. When all of those environmental toxins, dirt, and debris get deep down in your pores, the natural waste filtering system contained within your skin gets jammed. This means that your pores get clogged, and your skin can look blotchy. This formula has a very natural complexion clean-up formulation that unclogs your pores, clearing up your complexion, and making your skin appear less imperfect. You will get fresh, clean, smooth, beautiful skin!
This product has also been formulated without irritants that are boon to sensitive skin types. You will find none of the following in this product: parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, or Triclosan. Let your skin take a sigh of relief with all of those impurities gone.
- White China Clay
- Butylene Glycol
- Xanthan Gum (Natural)
- “I’ve tried nearly every mask at the drugstore, and nothing has ever really cleared my pores…but this mask works!”
- “When using this product, my blemishes look smaller, blackheads disappear, and my pores tighten up.”
- “Unclogged my pores, leaving my complexion totally blackhead free, smooth, soothed, and silky soft to the touch.”
- “I have never found a mask that absorbed oil so well while still leaving my skin soft, clean, and not all dried out.”
- “Draws out impurities in the pores well, and tightens up quickly.”
Price: A 3.4-ounce tube of Origin’s Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores will cost you around $23. This makes it fall in the middling price range- meaning that it is highly affordable for the average person, but not quite a budget item.
5. Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer
This is a potent formula with multi-tasking capabilities. It’s been specifically designed to address the issue of enlarged pores that are caused by active oil glands, dirt, wax, or aging. Not only is it a pore minimizer, but it’s an exfoliator too! This product helps to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores by keeping them purified, refining them, and smoothing them out. It helps to balance oil and delivers a very nice matte finish. Gentle, delicate exfoliation clears the skin of dead skin cells and normalize oil. Additional ingredients found in this formula also help to improve the resilience, tone, and texture of your skin. Dead skin cells, dirt, and oil are removed, leaving your pores unclogged, and allowing you to have a tighter, smoother, more vibrant skin complexion. There are also no parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, or phthalates contained in this formula.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA)
- Salicylic Acid
- Proprietary Mineral Complex
- Butylene Glycol
- Sorbic Acid
- “This product greatly minimized my pores after only four applications!”
- “This product aids pore-size reduction and tightens up the skin.”
- “I love this product! No more shine; my pores are pores, not craters anymore!”
- “Creates a matte finish, feels very fresh, and there is no drying or stretching of the skin, which can be uncomfortable.”
- “Works at making my large pores seem smaller, and does not clog them up like other products I have used.”
Price: You can expect to pay around $55 for a four-ounce bottle of Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer. It’s a splurge item, but we think it’s well worth the money spent.
There you have it, folks! Those are picks for the top five best pore minimizers. We hope that you were able to find something on our list that works perfectly for you and your skin issues. If you want to tell us what you thought about our top picks, or your choices, please feel free to do so in the comments below. We love to hear what our readers have to say!