Does your skin look shiny? Do you feel as though your skin is greasy? Does your face makeup slid right off or smudge before the day is over? Are you more prone to blemishes? If you answered yes to at least two of those questions, chances are you have oily skin.
Choosing A Facial Wash
People with oily skin need a really good face wash. Not only do they need hydration, but they also need something that will get rid of the blemishes caused by excess oil. Most people who suffer from oily skin also tend to be acne-prone. A good face wash can help to take care of both problems at once, which is why it is of the utmost importance you choose wisely.
Most of the time, the biggest problem people with oily skin encounter is that most facial washes sit at one extreme end of another. Either they include too many oils of their own or else they dry your skin too much. When your skin becomes dry and flaky, your skin produces more oils to make up for what’s been lost. It makes your skin even more oily than before. It’s this horrible never-ending circle. The blemishes will get worse when the oils get worse.
Which facial wash will give you that happy balance between not too oily and not too dry? It takes a lot of research to find out which ones work and which don’t. We’ve done all of that research and came up with this list of the 10 best face wash for oily skin.
1. Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
This cleanser is great for all skin types, not just oily skin. It’s non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog up your pores. It’s also very gentle—it won’t irritate the most sensitive skin types. It keeps your skin moisturized without drying it out. Since it’s gentle, you can use it every day. Don’t let that fool you though. While it may be amazingly gentle, it is still great at getting rid of makeup, oils, and dirt that cause blemishes. This cleanser also comes in an easy to use pump—you can get just the right amount of cleanser.
Why It’s Good: This cleanser gently gets rid of makeup, oils, and dirt without drying out your skin. It allows you to keep that happy median between oily and dry, keeps your pores unclogged, and helps to fight acne breakouts. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser will leave your normally oily skin feeling soft and clean.
- “My face feels clean and pleasantly tight without being overly dry.”
- “Smells great, very fresh, and clean.”
- “Cetaphil is an amazing product!”
- “The oil is gone without your face feeling stretch dry.”
- “Very gentle, and not sudsy like ordinary soap.”
Price: $9 on Amazon
2. Clinique Oily Skin Formula Facial Soap
This product is a definite must-have if you have oily skin and a terrible shine. It cleanses your skin, leaving it feeling smooth but not dry and parched. It works to prevent any future breakouts, get rid of the new ones. It’s available at almost all cosmetic stores.
Why It’s Good: This facial soap was specifically formulated to fight off excessive oils and the dreaded shine that goes with it. The low lathering aspects of this soap ensure that your skin won’t dry out while the excess oils do. It comes generously sized in an easy to hold brick shape. Your skin will be left free of dirt and oils, feeling clean, clear, and comfortable.
- “I never have any issues with dryness like regular soap, even on my cheeks.”
- “It lasts ages…we’re talking over a year if it’s kept in its dish!”
- “It cleanses well, easy to use, and gets rid of any makeup leftovers.”
- “My skin feels a lot cleaner than it did when I was using normal liquid wash.”
- “My oiliness has improved!”
Price: You can find Clinique Oily Skin Formula Soap for around $12 at most cosmetic stores.
3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
This comes with a fruity scent that makes it a great product to use. Neutrogena is known for its quality and well-tested products. It is a great product to clean the face well and to control oiliness. This is suitable for daily use.
Why It’s Good: It helps prevent oily skin due to its content of salicylic acid that works on treating the blemishes and fights against any breakouts. The acid exfoliates and helps reduce the inflammation.
- “I bought this a couple of months ago and I’ve had great results ever since.”
- “After just a couple of times it dried my face, but I guess the face has to get used to it, and then it will have the needed result.”
- “I love how it makes my skin clear.”
Price: You can find it at $8.49.
4. Tatcha The Deep Cleanse
The oil-free formula helps clean the skin well. It also comes with a fresh peppery smell. It contains a Japanese natural fruit exfoliant, Luffa fruit, that washes away the impurities and leaves the skin hydrated and soft. It also comes enriched with Japanese wild rose, helping smoothen the skin texture.
Why It’s Good: It is mainly recommended for oily skin, uneven texture, and the skin that has many pores problems. It does not overdry the skin because it cleanses with amino acids that are derived from silk. This product is good for sensitive skin, leaving it clean and hydrated.
- “The scent is just a bonus to this incredible product. I completely entrust my skin to it.”
- “The skin feels incredible every time I use it.”
- “Since I’ve been using it I noticed a difference in my skin texture.”
5. Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser
This cleanser helps create the perfect balance between the face and the external factors that can contribute to the facial problems. It promises to give a smooth and toned complexion. It is great for removing all impurities, oil, and makeup from the skin, helping it achieve a healthy-looking glow.
Why It’s Good: The black pepper, Sandalwood, and Jasmine it contains help in calming the irritation and inflammation. This is the right answer to the dryness, redness, and oiliness and helps the skin stay and look healthy.
- “I do like it”
- “I love how refreshing my face feels afterward.”
- “Impressed with this new formula.”
6. Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser
If what you are looking for a makeup remover and excessive oil prevention, this is the answer. It has some makeup dissolving emollients—like coconut-based surfactants, virgin marula oil, and glycerin that help in making skin clean and soft.
Why It’s Good: The pH level it comes with is 5.5 and this helps the skin feel comfortable with it. It is non-irritating and non- sensitizing.
- “My skin is allergic to nearly everything except this.”
- “It’s ok but I wouldn’t use it as a makeup remover.”
- “First cleanser that doesn’t leave my face dry.”
Price: You can find it at $35.
7. The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Gel Wash
Oil-free and soap-free—it does not dry your skin but works at rebalancing the moisture level after a good cleanse.
Why It’s Good: Being oil-free is great for oily skin and combination skin. It effectively washes impurities and leaves the skin dry and matte.
- “This has been a true game-changer for me.”
- “My skin has gone from dull and dry, to glowing and supple.”
- “Best face wash ever.”
Price: You can find it at $16.50.
8. Himalaya Herbals Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash
This herbal formula cleanses the face pretty well without leaving it oily. Being soap-free, it will not dry skin, helping maintain and improve its natural hydration level. It will leave the face shine-free and with a fresh look.
Why It’s Good: Being enriched in lemon helps cool the face well. The honey in it comes with cleansing properties.
- “I like all Himalaya products.”
- “Hard to get used to it at first.”
Price: You can find it at $6.
9. Aroma Magic Neem And Tea Tree Face Wash
Aroma Magic Neem And Tea Tree Face Wash improves the skin tone and helps lighten up the scars and blemishes.
Why It’s Good: It has antibacterial and healing properties due to its herbal ingredients, helping with the acne, pimples, and irritated skin. The tea tree and rose extract help the skin get an oil balance and make it feel clean and fresh.
- “It showed results in a week time.”
- “Great for cleansing and keeping my face hydrated without being oily.”
- “Works well on oily skin.”
Price: You can find it at $10.
10. Avène Mousse Cleansing Foam
Avene comes in with a new product to cover the oily skin problem, while not drying it out too much. It can be used as a cleaner, as a makeup remover, and as a mattifying agent. It is rich in Avene Thermal Spring Water, a special ingredient tested and proved to be soothing and non-irritating.
Why It’s Good: It contains glutamic acid that helps in mattifying the skin by working on lowering the sebum production. As it is soap-free, it is gentle and works well on eliminating the impurities and the excess sebum.
- “Soft, but effective for my skin.”
- “This product has been the best for my extra sensitive skin.”
- “Best compliments ever.”