What Is a Bronzer?
A bronzer is a type of powder or liquid makeup that gives your skin a natural, clean glow without the harmful effects of tanning. It is also very temporary and can be easily washed off your face along with the rest of your facial makeup. If you just want a bit of extra coloring for a day, this is a great option.
It is also a better option than normal tanning because your skin isn’t damaged during the process. It’s a better option than fake tanning lotions because a bronzer is much more natural-looking. It can be used every day, or simply whenever you would like to use it, so a bronzer is also extremely versatile.
Tips & Tricks for Using a Bronzer
- Pick the right shade. You don’t want to choose something too dark or too strong, especially if you’re fair-skinned. This will simply make you look fake, instead of giving you a nice glow.
- Wear your usual foundation one shade darker than your perfect match to help increase the effects of the bronzer you are using.
- Make sure that you purchase and use a bronzer brush to properly apply your bronzer.
- If you want a matte look, go for a bronzer that has limited or no shimmer. If you want a more shiny, glowing finished complexion, then opt for those bronzers with a lot of shimmers and shine to them.
- Fair-skinned people may look better with a pinker tinted bronzer instead of a brown one because it gives your skin a very natural glow without a fake-looking tan. Apply them only to your cheekbones for a sun-kissed look.
- If you have oily or combination skin, you will want to try using a powder foundation, while people with dry or mature skin will probably benefit more from a liquid bronzer.
Finding Your Perfect Match
Keep in mind when picking out your dream bronzer that you don’t want anything that looks too dark or too orange when it’s applied to your skin. A quick trip to the cosmetics counter can help you decide which shade you should be looking for. When it comes to which products are better, we’ve got you covered. We have come up with a list of what we believe to be the 10 best bronzers for fair skin. We’re sure that somewhere on our list you will find a product that is perfectly suited towards your personal skin needs, so why not go ahead and check them out? Good luck!
1. Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Flow Boosting Sun Stones, Light to Medium
This product offers you an instant, lasting, luminous bronze glow that always looks natural, never fake. It was created with Glow Activator Technology and is essentially bronzing sunstones. These sunstones provide an instant and lasting tan-boost that easily blends into your skin and can be built upon to reach your desired bronze coloring. The iridescent and gold coloring found in this makeup blends smoothly together, giving a gorgeous glow and bronze. You also get the soft, smooth look of a loose powder without all of that annoying mess and waste. This product is touted as being completely mistake-proof, so it would be a great choice for someone new to using bronzers. It is also available in shades for darker skin tones.
- Corn Starch
- Nylon 6
- Titanium Dioxide
- Tin Oxide
- “Doesn’t appear cakey, looks natural, very versatile, and I just love the shimmery look I get after putting it on.”
- “I use this every day to give my skin a sun-kissed glow, and it is beautiful at night with a little bit of extra shimmer.”
- “People often tell me that I have a ‘glow’ about me when I use this product.”
- “This product is wonderful for natural highlighting and contouring.”
- “I like the glow and shimmer of this makeup. It is very light and natural with a shimmery twist.”
Cost: You can buy a 0.7-ounce box of Physicians Formula Bronze Boost Flow Boosting Sun Stones, Light to Medium, for around $15.
2. FreshFace Instant Glow Luminizer
This is perfect for different skin types such as normal, oily, combination dry, or sensitive. It is a moisturizing luminizer that will help your skin have a healthy glow. It also helps the dry skin and moisturizes it giving it a soft and radiant complexion.
It is the choice for a sun-kissed skin without staying in the sun. It comes in two shades – a light and a medium one. It gives you the perfect no-makeup look. You can use it under the foundation that will give your look a special glow or mix with your moisturizer to have better-looking skin.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Softens and moisturizes.
- Vitamin C: Brightens.
- Vitamin E: Softens.
- Cucumber Extract: Soothes.
- Evening Primrose Root Extract: Keeps skin supple and smooth
- “It helps give the skin a beautifully illuminated look.”
- “I use this every day for a natural-looking glow.”
- “It enhances my complexion every time I use it.”
- “This product makes my skin look more supple.”
- “I like to use it during the daytime.”
Cost: You can buy it for $38.
3. ISLE OF PARADISE Disco Tan Instant Was-Off Body Bronzer
It is destined for the whole body bronzing. If you have a special occasion and you want a perfect tan, this is your choice. It evens the skin tone, moisturizes it, and smoothens it. The glow and the healthy skin look is given by the Oxy-Glow complex and avocado, chia seeds, and coconut oils it contains. It is cruelty-free and 100% vegan and organic.
- Coconut Oil: Hydrates and smooths the skin.
- Avocado Oil: High in Vitamins A and C; a fast-absorbing skin conditioning agent.
- Chia Seed Oil: One of nature’s richest vegetarian sources of omega 3 fatty acids; proven to significantly improve skin hydration and maintain skin barrier function.
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil: Isle of Paradise
Cost: 5.07 ounces costs just $22
4. Nars Bronzing Powder
This golden shimmer powder has won many awards. It helps you create warmth and contour to your face. Due to its ingredients, it makes your complexion even-looking and gives it a natural finish. It comes in different shades and you can find what you are looking for in those.
- “It helps me give a hint of glow to my face.”
- “It cannot be used as a cover-up but it is perfect for a radiant and natural look.”
- “If you keep it one shade darker than your skin, it fits perfectly.”
- “This product makes my skin look healthy and glowing.”
- “I like to use it during the daytime.”
Cost: A 0.28 ounces cost $40
5. Benefit Cosmetic – Hoola Matte Bronzer
A sun-kissed glow skin will make every head turn, and this matte bronzer is here to promise you this. Apply it on the chin, cheeks, and forehead and you will have a natural-looking tan. If you love a matte make-up this is a perfect choice. Goes well with a finishing matte powder. It helps the skin even its tone and add a little warmth to it.
Tap off any extra powder you add to your face for the natural and healthy look. This matte bronzer is the perfect choice for contouring and defining your features.
- “It creates the perfect matte look.”
- “I use this to define my features and it looks great.”
- “It adds a perfect touch of warmth to my skin.”
- “I recommend it for those that know to use makeup products in their favor.”
- “I like to every time I have a special evening out.”
Cost: $30 for 0.28 ounces.
6. TOO FACED Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Another matte choice is the Too Faced bronzer. It is great and offers coverage as well while also smelling delicious as it is infused with 100% real cocoa powder. It is up for the long haul and it smells incredible. It adds warmth to the skin and dimension.
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder/Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder,
Cost: It costs $30 for 0.28 ounces of matte tan powder.
7. TARTE Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer
While the waterproof word can lead you to think that it is quite heavy, it is an ultralight mineral-based bronzing powder. This is due to the ingredients it contains such as vitamins A and E that act as antioxidants against free radical damage. It is good for the skin that has problems or can’t stand synthetic fragrances as it is fragrance-free and dermatologically tested.
- Synthetic Fluorphlogopite
- Zinc Stearate
- Polymethyl Methacrylate
- Corn Starch
- Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate
Cost: For 0.32 ounces, it’s $30.
8. Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder
The light shade of this bronzer has the perfect balance between red and taupe undertones. This will add some glow and tan to your skin while maintaining it’s natural tone.
- “It helps me add some tan to my look.”
- “I use this for boosting my tan and mattifying it a little bit.”
- “It does not dry your skin at all.”
- “This product is perfect for tan skin lovers.”
- “I like to use it to get rid of my pink undertone.”
Cost: You can buy it for $42.
9. BareMinerals Warmth All-Over Face Color
For an all-over glow, this is a perfect choice. It is ultra-light and adds a great finish to your makeup without even being too overwhelming. It is great to be used by those that have a warm skin undertone.
- Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163)
- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)
- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)
- Ultramarines (Ci 77007)
- Manganese Violet (Ci 77742).
Cost: You can buy it for $21.
10. Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder
This is a finely milled powder sans fragrance. It helps people with fair skin to add a splash of color and also those with oily skin to improve their skin’s look.
- “If I had to use one makeup item to choose from, it would be this bronzer.”
- “The bronzer gives such a natural glow.”
- “It is the perfect matte bronzer.”
- “This product helps me give extra contour to my face.”
- “I like to use it to brighten my face.”
Cost: You can buy it for $34.